The mission of the Department of Chemistry is to create and maintain programs of excellence in the areas of research, education and public outreach.
Our goals are
(1) continue to attract, develop and retain world-renowned faculty,
(2) maintain state of the art research and teaching facilities,
(3) recruit outstanding graduate students,
(4) provide innovative, dedicated classroom instruction at both the graduate and undergraduate levels, and
(5) communicate the excitement of chemistry to the public at large. To help us accomplish these goals we remain dedicated to a core set of values: excellence in teaching and research, respect for all members of the Department and University, diversity in our students, faculty and staff, and service to the citizens of the world.